24737: Simidor (reply) Re: 24726: Mwe re: 24725: Beckett: about travel to Les Cayes

daniel simidor <danielsimidor@yahoo.com>

Hi John,
Let me start by saying how much I identified with your
response to the Miami Herald "Gwo Bouyon" culinary
piece!  I am now dismayed by your gruesome Miragoane
encounter!!  $12.000 to clear customs for a used truck
that belongs to a nonprofit organization!!!  Such a
horror story!!!!  Did you at any point contact the US
Consulate in this debacle?  Is it not their obligation
to hold the host country to the letter of their own
laws?
I mean by that that Haitian laws do not condone this
kind of blackmail.  I'm very curious as to why the US
authorities on the scene in Haiti would chose not to
flex their muscles in such a blatant abuse-of-power
case.
Troubled,
Daniel Simidor