24770: Hermantin (query) re: 24758: Leiderman: Haiti's lakous time

leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

.....tonight's interview with Rachel Beauvoir-Dominique, of Fondation .
Ayizan Velekete "that revitalizes traditional lakous (maroon communities...

I never understood "lakou" to mean marroon community, to my understanding it is more a family-kinship based "compound" or communal housing configuration....at least that's the way my own people/kins from Arcahaie have defined the term...

Leonie