24799: Morse (reply) Cosentino/LA Times

Richard Morse <OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com>

Dear Don,
Thanks for coming to our defense. A while back (10-15 years) I brought a journalist from Vanity Fair to the American Ambassador's residence for a Fourth of July party. The journalist wrote a scathing report which may have altered the Ambassador's career. I had no editorial role in the article but I did take some heat nevertheless. I'm sure you've also noted some of my criticisms of Aristide's regime. Well, you give some, you get some. During my conversations with the woman from the LA Times I mentioned how the international press seems to come in and out of Haiti like some sort of cast ensemble often collectively changing the facts of a story, for example, <the three week rebellion which ousted President Aristide>. She didn't mention these comments in her article, nor would I expect her to. She did seem offended though, almost as if I was questioning her integrity. She's just doing her job, whatever that may be. I enjoyed the recent Chicago Tribune article, describing the Oloffson and RAM, by Mr Marx much more than the LA Times piece.
Yours,
Richard Morse