24819: Matt Jay (reply) re: 24806: About cajou

Matt Jay <jepiem@aol.com>

First time I ever heard cajou being interpreted as cashew. Yes there is a term Pom cajou referring to the cashew fruit, but cajou taken by itself always referred to Acajou, the ebony tree. To designate the cashew tree, they would say "pie (pyay) pom cajou" ( creolists please forgive my ignorance of officially accepted pronounciation) In which part of Haiti do they use cajou for cashew?
Math Jay