24840: Pierre (pub) La Scierie killings

Hyppolite Pierre <hpierre@irsp.org>

Please click on the following link: http://irsp.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi?id=211&display=1 This is a journalistic piece research and written by Anne Fuller, and American journalist who spends much time in Haiti. She was able to investigate what was first reported by NCHR/Haiti as a "genocide", and later on a massacre. The killings occurred in the Artibonite department, in an area known as "La Scierie". Currently, there are at least three former high-ranking officials of the Aristide government who are jailed by the Latortue administration based on the NCHR account. Among these former members of the Aristide government are Jocelym Privert, and Prime Minister Yvon Neptune. I think it's important for anyone who is interested in the rule of law in Haiti to read this report, especially considering that the Haitian government is gearing up to try those former officials of the previous regime. Also, for those of you who have emailed me as to the status of my forthcoming book, the manuscript is now, finally at the camera-ready stage. It will thereafter have to go through indexing before reaching the publisher finally (UPA), so they can publish it. I am hoping that it will be on the market by the fall season (August/September). It is indeed a much longer process than I anticipated.
Best regards,
Hyppolite Pierre
IRSP
http://www.irsp.org