24865: Senou (comment) Diaspora: Bailing out Haiti: Problem articles 13 and 15

Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Diaspora: Bailing out Haiti: Problem articles 13 and
15

Haiti is facing an uncertain future and if the
Diaspora were organized we could have come to the
rescue of our brothers and sisters back home. This is
a fantasy idea or may be a dream idea, but my friends
we are living in a country where everything is
possible even the impossible is possible. After 9/11,
I saw Americans democrat and republican alike helping
each other.
The Flood is an addition of the on going eternal
problem; it just only put on the news the real dilemma
that has destroying the country for the past two
hundred years. We know that there won’t be any
Marshall Plan for Haiti but we at this present moment
can jumpstart something that has never been done
before: Bailing out Haiti, our country.
My friends, saving poor people from starvation has
nothing to do with politic. We Haitians shall use the
Jewish approach, assisting Haiti no matter what. Nobody can dare prevent the Jews from helping Israel
and you Haitian citizen shall draw a line in the sand
and letting people know that you do not play any
nonsense.

You cannot sit there and cross your arms and expect
foreigner to do A to Z for you, when are you going to
take in charge your responsibility? You can spend your
time criticizing, you can spend your time blaming each
other or the whole world for your problem and misery
but my friends if you don’t step up to the plate and
do tangible action to shake things up, we won’t go
anywhere.

Regardless of where you stand in the Haitian saga, we
have to accept the fact that we fail as a nation and
we need to start over. Haiti has a chance to reverse
course and at the same time, we are heading at the
speed of light to become the next Lebanon in the
Caribbean. The two actors that are in Haiti right now
are responsible for making Beirut a No-man land. They
used the division between various religious groups in
Lebanon to destroy that country. It has appeared that
some folks are going to use the eternal division among
Haitians to destroy the country. Folks, Lebanon was
the paradise of the Middle East, today it is a no-man
land. Israel and Syria wanted to settle their dispute;
they went to fight in Lebanon despite both of these
countries share border, which is a Bachelor in
Sciences at its best.
We know already that the international community has
no interest to bail out Haiti and we Haitian nationals
need to come together and defy that entity. First of
all, the international community knows that we are
divided and Haiti has to rely on the outside for its
primary needs. This is the consequence in letting
others know about our internal problems. Les linges
sales se lavent en famille mon ami.

During the Afghan war the U.S. dropped food and
medicine while major military operation was in
progress; 2 days after the cessation of major
hostilities in Iraq, shipments of food and medicines
were unloaded in various secured areas. None of these
have been done for our country and our people are
facing starvation and the recent natural devastations
shall tell you something.
Our people are suffering because we are divided, and
there is no reason whatsoever for Haitians in the
Diaspora to remain inactive face at this famine in
Haiti. After 9/11, the American people, democrat,
republican and independent came to the rescue of their
brothers and sisters. There is a time for politic and
we Haitians shall not mix political and humanitarian
assistance.
All these sound good but we cannot really bail out the
motherland if we are not organized and if we cannot
help each other. Therefore, it is imperative that we
come clean and act in good faith. We have thousands of
organizations that are helping Haiti; now, it could be
great to implement what you have in your mission
statement. We need to stop reacting emotionally and
address the problem.
In order for you to assist others, you must be able to
help yourself and your family first. The United States
and Canada are two great countries that offer
tremendous opportunities and we need to use these two
countries to assist the motherland. First, what have
you done for you personally? We need to see tangible
stuff that you have done in your life and you need to
be an established individual.

Folks, we are in this mess right now because of past
mistakes but we need to take some responsibilities for
our inaction.  Please do not blame a single individual
for our problem. If we do not start working
progressively together we will still be complaining
about our misery for years to come.
Frankly as a member of the Diaspora, articles 13 and
15 turn me off. Please, give me a convincing reason
why I should help you out: As a Haitian-American, as a
Haitian National and will forever proud to be, my
countrymen insult me with these two articles. These
two articles are very divisive and at a time we are
seeking to unify the Haitian people around the globe,
we shall strike out these two articles from the
Haitian constitution.
Article 13
Haitian nationality is lost by: a) Naturalization in a foreign country; b) Holding a political post in the service of a foreign country; c) Continuous residence abroad of a naturalized
Haitian without duly granted authorization by a
competent official. Anyone who loses his nationality
in this manner may not reacquire it.

ARTICLE 15: Dual Haitian and foreign nationality is in no case
permitted.

Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 1022
Douglasville, GA 30133-1022