24872: Hermantin (event) GALERIE D’ART NADER & INTERNATIONAL KIDS FUND JOIN H

leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

GALERIE D’ART NADER & INTERNATIONAL KIDS FUND JOIN HANDS
TO SAVE CHILDREN OF HAITI

Largest gallery of Haitian art in South Florida to hold art sale on May 6 benefiting
International Kids Fund’s severely ill children from Haiti

CORAL GABLES (April 19, 2005) – While Galerie d’Art Nader offers South Florida’s largest selection of fine Haitian art, their owners’ appreciation for Haiti goes beyond its art scene. It reaches its culture, its people and above all, its children.

To make a difference in these children’s lives, Galerie d’Art Nader will be holding an art sale featuring works from Haitian masters on May 6 at 7 p.m. at its 1911 Ponce de Leon Blvd. location. A portion of the proceeds that night will contribute to the healthcare of gravely ill children from Haiti being sponsored by the International Kids Fund (IKF).

A program of the Jackson Memorial Foundation, IKF ensures critically ill children from Latin America and the Caribbean, including Haiti, receive the best care possible, regardless of their ability to pay, at Holtz Children’s Hospital, one of the top-rated pediatric hospitals in the nation. Hundreds of children, including many from Haiti, have received critical surgery, life-saving treatments and essential medical care through IKF.

“We know that collectors of Haitian art will appreciate knowing that for one night, their acquisition of masterpieces will help to save the lives of children with no medical options in poverty-stricken Haiti,” said Myriam Nader, one of the owners of Galerie d’Art Nader in Coral Gables, which has been in business since 2003. “We have seen the work of the International Kids Fund up close, and we are proud to join a network of private entities that make sure the organization can continue saving children’s lives.”

The May 6 sale marks the start of Galerie d’Art Nader’s ongoing commitment to IKF children from Haiti, as the gallery and IKF are already discussing further ways in which they can work together to benefit these children.

“We strongly believe that art sensitivity goes hand-in-hand with compassion,” said Maria-Luisa Chea, director of the International Kids Fund. “We are excited to have the opportunity to partner with such established art institution as Galerie d’Art Nader to raise awareness among art lovers of the needs of Haitian children who so desperately need our help.”

For further information about the art sale, interested parties may call 305-444-1740.

###

ABOUT GALERIE D’ART NADER
Founded in 1966 in Haiti, Galerie d’Art Nader holds the largest selection of Haitian art in the world. Its owners’ love for Haitian art has inspired them to support Haitian causes. The latest testament of this interest is their agreement to help raise funds to benefit severely ill children from Haiti who are part of the International Kids Fund (IKF) at Holtz Children’s Hospital. For more information about the gallery, please visit www.galeriedartnader.com.

ABOUT INTERNATIONAL KIDS FUND (IKF)
The International Kids Fund (IKF) at Holtz Children’s Hospital, a program of the Jackson Memorial Foundation, seeks to provide medical care to needy children from Latin America and the Caribbean who suffer from life-threatening illnesses that cannot be treated in their countries. The fund ensures these children receive the best care possible at Holtz Children’s Hospital of the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, one of the nation’s premier teaching hospitals. For more information or to make a contribution, contact the International Kids Fund at: P.O. Box 012297, Miami, FL 33101; 1 877 IKF KIDS; info@internationalkidsfund.org; or www.internationalkidsfund.org.