24898: : lyall (discuss) re: Neptune (fwd)

"J.David Lyall" <postmaster@lyalls.net>

      Well, we saw Neptune in St Marc after they re-took the town the first
      time. It was on television.
      I talked about it on the list. He was surrounded by young men. Looked
      like teenagers, no police uniforms in sight. One can assume that
      these were chimere, either local or brought in from la ville for the
      re-conquest.

      But I do have to think that Neptune was simply fighting a war, and
      fighting a war per se is not a crime. Wasn't much of a war, true, but
      it resembled one for a while when the PauP chimeres were trying to
      burn down the town. Did he order his troops to go burn down houses
      with people in them and assassinate various people who were not happy
      with his government? I rather doubt that testimony to this effect can
      be procured.

      Once the war is over the combatants are supposed to go free, barring
      war crimes. The leader of Bale Wouze could be charged with war crimes
      I suppose but it would be better to let it go.

      Much better to charge Neptune and Privert with distributing guns to
      the chimeres, which certainly happened. But then, they couldn't get
      the police to fight for them.  Why was that?