24902: Kennon: (reply) Re: 24894: Pickett: (asking about adoption) (fwd)

From: Kate Shea Kennon <kate@mcvh.com>

Hi:

In my opinion, upon adopting two children 5 years ago, the agency is
unnecessary. The lawyer however is quite important to file the act of
adoption papers in the court and any name changes there might be for the
children's passports. There are lawyers that work with the orphanages that
charge reduced rates. Ours was through the Missionaries of Charity
Children's Hospital. But that was a while ago.

Unless you are fluent in Creole or French (written), another ally in the
process is invaluable.

Good luck and feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Kate Kennon
kate@mcvh.com