24933: Severe (reply) to post 24929 (fwd)

From: Constantin Severe <csevere@hotmail.com>

Did Neptune order the killings in La Scrie? I don't have the foggiest idea.
I do know in the months leading up to Aristide's overthrow many innocent
people were killed by pro and anti Aristide forces  and in a just world
those responsible would be brought to justice and made to pay. Which brings
us to M. Neptune. If I understand the NCHR/Latortue position it is that
Neptune was PM and on the scene in the days leading up to the "massacre" and
thus should be held responsible for any killings there. The Bale Wouze/PNH
forces that retook St. Marc were either under his actual or constructive
command making the buck stop with him. I'd agree with Simidor that the
Robeateau trial had a similar theory and further afield so do the
investigations of Augusto Pincochet.

The problem I have with the government's case is that it can't tell us how
many people died, how they died, who ordered it or even who participated.
The purpose of an indictment and arraignment are to provide the accused
notice of what they are being charged with so they can proceed with their
defense at the eventual. The Dynamic duo (Gousse/Latortue) haven't even done
that. That's not even getting into the issue of Neptune being held in
custody for better part of a year without actually being charged. I
understand the irony of trying to argue that an unconstitutional government
is in fact acting unconstitutionally. The government hasn't shown probable
cause of anything, except its incompetience.