not sure what's going on.     Bob Corbett]

From: jocelyne mayas <makandale@yahoo.com>

Daniel Simidor  wrote:

>Neptune is under indictment, with probable cause, for
>a crime committed against the people, under his watch
>as prime minister.

Daniel,
First, Neptune has never been indicted.  As far as the
presumed La Scierie massacre is concerned, U.N.
representative (rapporteur) Louis Joinet who, by the
way, was never kind to the Aristide regime, concluded
after his own field investigation that no massacre
took place in Saint Marc as it was rather ongoing
battle between Ramicos (pro opposition) and Bale Wouze
(pro Aristide).
Here is what AP published Louis Joinet's investigation
on April 4, 2005
"Regarding a possible trial for political prisoner
Yvon Neptune, Louis Joinet declared that he doesn’t
see how the former Lavalas leader could show up in
St-Marc, given the context of global insecurity that
hits the country. Louis Joinet reminded that one must
not mistake the State’s responsibility and an
individual’s criminal responsibility in the La
Scierie case. “When a government does not make that
distinction in a constitutional state, its action can
possibly rebound on it tomorrow ”, the independent
expert warned, calling the authorities in place to be
very careful.

Several residents of Saint-Marc declared many times
these last few months that the movement started
against former Prime Minister Neptune can be compared
to political persecutions since there was no massacre
at La Scierie. (AHP, 4/7)"

jeanjean-pierre