24959: Esser (petition): Campain of Solidarity to Save Yvon Neptune's life (fwd)

From: D. Esser <torx@joimail.com>

[sign-up address at bottom]

GROUPE DE DÉFENSE DES DROITS DES PRISONNIERS POLITIQUES - (GDP)
http://www.haitiechange.org/avis.htm

April 30, 2005

PETITION
(english)

PETITION FOR A CAMPAIGN OF SOLIDARITY IN HAITI AND ABROAD TO SAVE
PRIME MINISTER YVON NEPTUNE'S LIFE AND OBTAIN THE IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OF ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS (GDP )

Today, April 27, 2005, marks ten months to the day that Prime
Minister Yvon NEPTUNE has been in the claws of the dictatorial
government's prison. That is enough! It is Too Much! Let's stand up!

We, the Group for the Defense of the Rights of Political Prisoners
(GDP), put our voices together with many other voices- the Prime
Minister's friends and family, defenders of human rights and real
democrats in Haiti and abroad, to tell all nations who believe in
life and the respect for life and in democracy; in front of national
and international public opinion, that we are deeply concerned for
the life of Prime Minister Yvon Neptune, who has been thrown in
prison without justification by the de facto government.

Our worries are based first of all on official information the Prime
Minister received from good international sources, before he left
office; from the time left office until he entered the National
Penitentiary, Sunday, June 27, 2004; later while he was in the
National Penitentiary, until he began his hunger strike on February
20, 2005, one day after the prison breakout during which prisoners
were force to leave their cells with the complicity of the facto
government on February 19; and finally when the illegal de facto
government, together with the UN chose to send him back to his
torturers on Thursday April, 21, 2005 - in what is called Villa
Prison in Pacot - where he's continuing with his hunger strike
started again on April 17, 2005.

We, who visited him, saw him, or have good information, note that his
health is even worse today. Since Thursday, April 17, Prime Minister
Yvon NEPTUNE has not eaten, has not drank a drop of water, and will
not do so until the illegal de facto authorities and the UN take the
necessary steps to free him unconditionally. This is his will. We
must respect his will even though we are deeply suffering. But our
moral responsibility in this situation is to immediately find a way
to save Prime Minister NEPTUNE's life.

We, who took the initiative to issue this Petition, we repeat one
more time, we took the right decision, such as with this Petition, to
prevent the de facto government and a fraction of the international
community to achieve the dream they have nurtured for a year already
to kill our friend, our family member, a good servant to Haiti, to
the Haitian people and other poor people throughout the world: Prime
Minister Yvon Neptune.

We took the decision to issue this petition on the occasion of the
tenth month of the illegal, arbitrary and brutal imprisonment that
the illegal, iron-fisted, government imposed on the Prime Minister.
For this reason, we, the members of GDP, friends and relatives of
Prime Minister NEPTUNE, together with defenders of human rights and
real democrats in Haiti and abroad, continue to denounce, before
national and international public opinion, the Machiavellian policies
of the illegal de facto authorities, which appear to seek the death
of Yvon Neptune by any means.

For this reason, we raise our voices together to say to the de facto
government:

THIS CRIMINAL PLOT WILL NOT SUCCEED!!! TO SIGN THIS PETITION IS TO
HELP FIND A WAY TO SAVE PRIME MINISTER YVON NEPTUNE'S LIFE!!! IT IS
TO HELP LIBERATE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS FROM THIS BRUTAL DICTATORIAL
GOVERNMENT!!!

To sign this petition, send an email with your name, affiliation. and
address to : pierre.saint-paul@wanadoo.fr