24947: allengatorrz: Re: 24934: Vishnusurf: (discuss) The Turtle and the Televangelist (fwd)

From: "allengatorz@juno.com" <allengatorz@juno.com>

I am glad to be a part of this discussion:

I went to the NW of Haiti from March 21-29 with a loosely organized group from several churches in South Florida.  I realize that many organizations are in things for themselves, but I was very touched by the people that I met in Mole St Nicloas; Bombarduapolis; and Greve.  My question for Vishnusurf is this: have you ever been to Haiti:  this is not to attack but to discuss.

  I do not know Jan Crouch.  I have seen a few  programs of TBN and  am sorrowful with some of the ways in which they promote, but with what basis do you attack people on their exterior:  do the things about this woman's exterior really matter? Why do you call someone Jerry the Turtle?   I have never met him, but would like to.  Someone who left his place in Boca Raton to go and try to serve his nation?

I am not part of TBN.  But I live in South Florida and want to help people with whom I have been connected with recently in Haiti.   Tonight, I received a call from a Dentist who lives Bombarduopolis who is visiting Florida this May; and I am going to try and help him out the best that I can.

Since visiting Haiti and making relationship with people I am consumed with helping those people.  I want to make a real impact in this area.  Not for me but for them; and this is why I have recently become a part of this list.  If you have anything to suggest to me please do so.  I have been all over the www to find ideas of people who have tried to help.  I do not care what they look like...what their name is?

Doug Allen

Cooper City, Florida

Now includes pop-up blocker!