24974: Kathleen(com 24838: binard (reply) re: 24822: Labrom re 24793 - LA Times article (fwd)

From: kathleen burke <kathleenburke704@hotmail.com>

(comment)
Unlike Marc, my questioners do not drop their hostility because they don't
know that they don't know about Haiti.  I don't get it.  They (only two, but
otherwise pleasant women) are intent on "teaching me the truth" re Haiti,
while disregarding mine.  One openly said she would believe the newspapers
and the two Haitians she knows over me and my photos.  The other said it
would be "okay" if I were a missionary, but in Haiti they "kill their
cousins."  Any suggestions?  These people really bother me; they represent,
I think, large blocks of people more polite than they. kathleen