25,000: Corbett -- another 1,000 messages

Folks,

Today we shift from the 24,000s to the 25,000s.  I sent out message 24,000
on January 1, 2005, and today, the 126th day of the year I am sending out
24,000.  That's an averate of 8 messages a day in this period, up one from
the last thousand which was an average of 7.

This set of "numbered" posts began in 1999 when I shifted the list to
Webster University's server.  The first 12,226 posts are on my web page.

The next 12,774 posts are at Webster University, but I haven't been able
to get the webmaster to load those up to my web page.

The list began in 1994 with 7 people.  I don't have many of the messages
between 1994 and 1999.  Nor were they numbered so I have no idea how many
there were.

Someone of you contacted me  sometime ago when I posted one of these "on
the 1000" notes and said he had many of the 1994-1999 posts and even sent
them to me in some sort of note, but I was never able to open that
compressed file.

I don't recall who that was, but I'd love to try again to get those early
posts.

Bob Corbett