25023: kathleen (reply) RE: 25002: RE: Walton (Recommendation) 24976: kathleen (comment onenvironm ent) problems in Paradise/Papay (fwd)

All of the land around here is the property of the Catholic Church,
including the land upon which MPP has buildings (and my house as well).
The sisters refused the recent command of the Minister of Public Health to
work with an MPP doctor.  They have one nurse, no doctor, a new and
well-appointed hospital. Power.

When I see the dump (still there this a.m., despite a priest and a brother
telling me they would work to "enleve" the mess), I think of the roving
bands of unwanted, unloved feral children even here, not just in Port au
Prince, everywhere in Latin America, doing terrible things and having
terrible things done to them, but whose existence is demanded under pain of
burning in Hell for using contraceptives.  There is not much pregnancy/AIDS
prevention here, from the number of newborns and bellies here.
Ah, suddenly, I think I understand what that idiot Sinead O'Connor was
trying to convey!

Kathleen