25051: Corbett: Update on Corbett's Books For Sale -- some very scarce books

>From Bob Corbett

Folks,

Sorry, I'm nearly two days behind on sending out messages.  I recently
purchased a large quantity of books on Haiti and have been working to
update my "for sale" list.  Now that I'm finished I can get the list
rolling again in a few minutes.

As many of you know, I have been buying and sell Haiti books for the past
20 years.  This time I have some very attractive offerings including two
especially desirable items.

Perusse's 1977 HISTORICAL DICTIONARY OF HAITI is an extremely useful tool
for research and almost impossible to find.  I had been invited to
re-write the book back about 1990 and even signed a contract to do so,
then realized this was far beyond my capabilities, and I backed out.  At
that time the published didn't even have a copy, so I got a xerox copy to
use for the bit of work I did.

Finally, about 3 years ago I found two copies in Australia, one went in my
collection and someone out there on the list got the other copy.

Now I have that book available again.

The other specially noteworthy book is Mercer Cook's 1930s Introduction to
Haiti which is a long book with many many essays by who's who in Haiti
scholarship and the arts of that time.  A very rare book.  That one I've
only handled THREE times, the one in my own library, and two others, one
which just sold some few months ago.  But now I have that again.

Lots of other goodies.  Have a look at:

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/library/forsale.htm

OBVIOUSLY FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.  Best to reserve books by e-mail.   I
do NOT take an credit cards, only personal checks.

Bob Corbett