25053: Fuller re 25049: Haiti-Convictions Overturned (fwd)

From: Anne Fuller <affuller3@yahoo.com>

The Cour de Cassation overturning the Raboteau convictions?  This is truly
terrible, and will have very bad consequences.

I'm waiting for details but must point out that this same court - Haiti's
highest - recently turned down the application by Yvon Neptune's lawyers to
transfer his case away from St. Marc.

In all my years of observing Haiti, I don't recall a single time that the
court made a decision that went against the political interests of whatever
government was in power.  If anyone knows different, I'd love to hear it.

Was this current decision what Boniface/Latortue wanted?  Are we talking
about money and threats?  Or what?

Anne Fuller