25070: Labrom: information on earthquate May 11, 2005

>From voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Wow folks, we had an earthquake here last nite around 9pm!!! I had no
idea what it was as I've never experienced one before but the floor and
the walls shook like mad and our electricity went out - it came back on
about 1 and a half hours later.

>From talking to other friends it seems the epi center may have been in
Musseau Delmas 60 as friends there had stuff fall off their walls and
they got a big crack in their walls as well.  Cap Haitian was seemingly
not affected but they felt it in Jacmel.  Today's news reports that it
was a 4+ on the Richter scale which is pretty big!!!

Scarey stuff. Haven't heard of any damages yet.

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com
NB new website address: voyage without S!

Look at our website: www.voyagelumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753