25124: Fuller replies to 25113 (fwd)

From: Anne Fuller <affuller3@yahoo.com>

To Du Tuyau's question about the Cour de Cassation's Raboteau decision:

I still have not read the decision itself but my understanding is that
Haiti's highest court voided the guilty verdicts of the accused who were
present at the trial on the basis that it was the wrong court that tried
them.  I called this a technicality.  In French, technicité or ennui
technique.  Haiti en Marche called it "vice de forme."

The decision does not seem to apply to Chamblain and company, who were
convicted in absentia (par contumace).  Don't know whether the court might
still say something about these convictions.

Anne Fuller