25124: Harrison: (reply) RE: 25131: kathleen (reply) RE: 25111: Benson: (reply) RE: 25057: kathleen (observation)RE:25041: Question of Satan (fwd)

From: Hendree Harrison <hendree@stmarksdalton.org>

[Corbett comments:  Folks, I will post this reply since it is to the
direct comment on a HAITI issue, but I won't carry on the thread.  It has
nothing to do with Haiti.  Bob]

Some place the earliest Gospel as written 60 years after the death of
Christ.  I think it would be a stretch to say 600 years.  The Old Testament
books were passed on through oral tradition over the course of many, many
years and were recorded in writing over the course of many many more years.
See the Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church or the Oxford Companion to
the Bible - two great sources for more info. Best,

The Reverend G. Hendree Harrison, Jr.
St. Mark's Episcopal Church
901 West Emery Street
Dalton, GA 30720