25158: Senou (announce) A call for the immediate release of Mr. Yvon Neptune and a new proposition (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

From: Joseph Alfred, Educator (Neg an deyo
Ouanaminthe)
May 22, 2005

I’m not a Lavalas supporter and anyone supporter in
Haiti and anywhere else in the world; I have been
living outside of Haiti since 1984 and I expect to
live where I am or in these four places in the world:
Dakar, South L.A., Washington DC, Metro Atlanta for
the next 50 years or more and retire in Florida (From
Jacksonville to Key West).

Subject: What happen if Mr. Neptune is innocent?

I call for the immediate release of Mr. Yvon Neptune
and anyone else who was illegally arrested in the
country. I call for another investigation that shall
be done by the United Nations or another neutral
entity. However, the former prime minister shall
remain available to answer questions about what had
taken place when a neutral and impartial investigator
from the UN or OAS takes charge of the investigation.
Again, last week the Secretary General of OAS Mr.
Luigu Einaudi has made the same call that can bring a
solution to this crisis. According Haiti en Marche:
“La même semaine, le secrétaire général a.i. de
l'Organisation des Etats Américains (OEA), Luigi
Einaudi, propose la formation d'une commission
tri-partite pour trouver une solution à ce qu'il
appelle une "impasse." Un juriste haïtien, un juriste
international et un expert légiste.”

Allowing him to die without a fair trial, the nation
may never know the truth.
Again, what happen if Mr. Neptune is innocent?

There was no Democracy in Haiti during the Aristide’s
Administration and there is no democracy at this
present moment in Haiti. Two wrong do not make a
right.

The caretaker president needs to use one of these two
articles below to end this nonsense:
ARTICLE 146:
The President of the Republic has the right to perform
and commute sentences in all res judicata cases,
except for sentences handed down by the High Court of
Justice as stipulated in this Constitution.

ARTICLE 147:
He may grant amnesty only for political matters as
stipulated by law.

Again, it was unfortunate that the former president
did not use his constitutional privilege to prevent
the first woman president from going to jail.

I call for the creation of a Reconciliation Commission
similar to the post apartheid era in South Africa. I
call for a general amnesty to all from 1804 up to now
and start over or Reset the clock. Create a commission
that should revise the constitution and amend Articles
13 and 15 of the constitution.

1) I call for the immediate release of Mr. Neptune but
he shall remain available to answer any question about
that incident.
2) A three members panel that shall include
international jurists shall investigate that incident
and if that panel finds probable cause; then this case
shall be referred to the Haitian Court after a major
reform in the Haitian Judicial System.

My Haitian brothers and sisters, we have capable and
qualified Haitian cadres everywhere. They have made
the same call that the former U.S. Ambassador to the
United Nations Dr. Andrew Young and the current
Secretary General of OAS Mr.  Luigi Einaudi have made
recently. May be we have not reached the time to
listen to our own brothers and sisters and it is a
fact. December 2003, an outstanding Haitian physician
called the protagonists to return to the negotiable
table, which was going to be the last opportunity that
could have prevented an occupation. His call was
ignored and today the land of Toussaint Louverture,
the land of Dessalines, the land of Capois La Mort is
occupied.

Today again, a Haitian National is asking you all to
do the right thing and ipso facto advert an
international outcry. This is the best opportunity to
do what this government should have done on its first
day in office.
Release all non-violent prisoners in a general Amnesty
that should cover anything that had taken place since
1804 up to now.
Create a Reconciliation Commission similar to South
Africa and request the Assistance of Archbishop Tutu.
Create a commission that should revise the
constitution and strike out articles 13 and 15.
Voilà.

I’m closing with these cool words from The Purpose
Driven Life of Mr. Rick Warren (P28)  “Listen: Those
who have hurt you in the past cannot continue to hurt
you now unless you hold on to the pain through
resentment. Your past is past! Nothing will change it.
You are only hurting yourself with your bitterness.
For your own sake, learn from it, and then let it go.
The Bible says, “To worry yourself to death with
resentment would be foolish, senseless thing to do”

Since most of you tend to link anyone’s stand with a
political affiliation.  For the record, I’m not a
Lavalas supporter but I do understand the meaning of
democracy.

Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 1022
Douglasville, GA 30133