25191: Nlbo: (announce) Haitian National center-Convention-Less than two weeks (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

National Center Of The Haitian Apostolate
  <http://snaa.org>
May 23, 2005

In less than two weeks, the Haitian Catholic community will gather at
Marymount University in Virginia for the 23rd Convention of the National
Center. The theme is: ''One Bread, One Body, One Fellowship.''

The National Center and the team of Father Patrick s in Washington have
walked hand in hand since October 2004 to make sure everything comes
together successfully for this gathering. Father Aris, director of the
Haitian apostolate for the Archdiocese of Washington, decided with his
team to have only one eucharistic celebration for Haitian Catholics in
the entire Washington area on Sunday, June 12, and it will be at
Marymount University, as part of our convention. His goal is to motivate
his followers to attend the final Mass of the convention. This is a
proof of unity and solidarity.

Haitian Catholic artists are as excited about this event as the rest of
the community is. Some of them will attend the convention, and Jean
Robert Themistocle, one of the pioneers of the organization of Haitian
Catholic artists in the diaspora, composed a song based on the theme of
the convention. The guests at the convention will be the first to hear
and to sing this song with Jean Robert.

The National Center decided to create an editing committee with a
mandate to prepare the text of a resolution that will summarize the will
of the convention. The leaders of the editing committee will be Dr.
Marie Marcelle Buteau Racine, Dr. Francois Pierre-Louis, Mr. Joseph (
Papy Djo) Augustin, Father Patrick Aris and Msgr. Guy Sansaricq. In
preparing the text, they will solicit the views of other convention
guests, as expressed in the workshops.

It is a time of great grace for the Haitian community in the diaspora.
This convention allows us to understand that unity in diversity is
possible in our community. Nobody can win alone or in division. We are
very grateful to the Haitian press (newspapers, radio and television),
and to Haitian priests speaking from the pulpit, for agreeing to keep
our community informed of this gathering.

We truly think that, with God's blessing, the 23rd Convention will be a
great success for everyone. God shows us through this event how great he
is. He is always with us, even in difficult times. But God helps those
who help themselves, and the National Center is ready to help you.
Please feel free to call us at 718-856-3323, if you have any questions
regarding this major gathering.

May God Bless You,

The National Center