=?x-unknown?q?25205=3A__Moore_=28ask=29__=22Tou-Gu=E9d=E9=22_?=

From: Jordana Moore <jemoore2@uiuc.edu>

I would like to post the following to the listserv. I sent it as a
message to: sak-pase@bimini.ws,
but not sure if it went through. Thanks!

In reading Alfred Metraux's book ("Voodoo in Haiti"), I came across a
reference to someone named "Tou-Guede."

It is in a description of a ceremony, where the practitioner says: "By
thy will Good Lord, Saints and Dead, by the power of Papa Brisé,
Monsieur Agirualinsu, Monsieur Guédé-nuvavu, Tou-Guédé, I ask you for
the life of that man there...." (page 279, in the section "Magic and
Sorcery").

I am wondering if anyone on this listserv can help me figure out if the
"Tou" of Tou-Guede mentioned here might have any reference to Toussaint
Louverture? If so, how/why would Toussaint might be brought together in
a lwa? And why would it be Gede?

Thanks.
Jordana Moore
jemoore2@uiuc.edu