25210: M deverteuil(reply) Re: 25185: Kondrat: (ask) Haiti national curriculum (fwd)

>From Michaelle de Verteuil pdeverteuil@yahoo.com

I am surprised that no one seems to be aware of the collection called
"Programme détaillé", by the Ministère de l'Education Nationale, Institut
Pédagogique National d'Haïti, one for each grade of primary school, six
volumes in all, very comprehensive and detailed curriculum with hours to be
devoted to each subject matter. They are edited and for sale at Editions
Henri Deschamps for reasonable prices. All of my 50 or so teachers have a
copy to work with depending on the grade they teach. This is a very precious
documentation and very well done. Anyone interested in teacher-training in
Haïti should be aware of the availability of these volumes.

Editions Henri Deschamps also has quite a number of outlets in most
provincial towns.

I do not know what is available for secondary school programs.

For teaacher training and for reference, I also recommend NOTRE BEAU METIER
- Manuel de pédagogie appliquée by F. Macaire, edited by Les classiques
africains which I call the pedagogical bible of haïtian teachers. Very
common sense approach, and very helpful to teachers, even those who have
been to teacher training schools.

Michaëlle de Verteuil
Abricots, Grand'Anse