25362: Holmstead (comment) Re: 25358: Laplanceh: (reply) RE: 25345: (news) Chamberlain: Peacekeepers to confront Haiti violence-UN official (fwd)

FROM:   John Holmstead     <cyberkismet5@yahoo.com>

I think your barking up the wrong tree. After reading
the transcript of Valdes remarks, with a few internal
notes sent by a Canadian friend from Haiti, I came
away with Phillipe and Deroncey. I think we are all
gonna be surprised at what's coming.

In Fact Juan Gabriel Valdez said the following:
"We (The UN) are informed of some politicians that
support the electoral
process and in the meantime take part in meetings
where the violence is
planned...To those who want to foil the electoral
process and to those who
believe they can achieve their goals only through
violence, those who want
to kill hope, I tell them clearly that they don't
have any chance to
succeed"

That can much better enlighten the pro-lavalas bias
of M. Delva's reports
for Reuters.

Although Mr. Valdez didn't specifically mention
Lavalas there's no doubt he
was talking of this very party.

Yahoo! Mail