25417: donglossop: (reply) Re: 25412: Gordon: (ask) Has anyone heard of Noni Juice (fwd) Corbett adds:

From: donglossop <donglossop@hotmail.com>

The Noni fruit was discovered in Tahiti and is still primarily grown there.
The bottle you speak of with the man blowing the conch shell (which many may
see as an Agwe archetype) is distributed from here ;
http://www.tahitiannoni.com/ through home based businesses.

The fruit is also grown by the Surinam in the Amazon although many feel the
fruit is not as potent as medicine when grown in this hemisphere.

I have never heard of it in Haiti. It has become a wildly popular
homeopathic product around the globe for its purported ability to cure
ailments from diabetes to cancer. They are trying to grow it in every
tropical and subtropical climate including here in Louisiana. Big bucks!

Don

http://www.vodoutemple.com

Corbett adds:

Over the years I've done hundreds of lectures on Haiti to people who knew virtually nothing about it. Many confused it with Tahiti, perhaps the people Karen talked with did the same thing.

Bob