25465: Benson: (announce) FW: Mango Season - Call for manuscripts (fwd)

From: Legrace Benson <legrace@twcny.rr.com>

From LeGrace Benson from H-Caribbean.  I hope to see the works of several on
this list in the special issue!

-----Original Message-----
From: H-Net Network on Caribbean Studies
[mailto:H-CARIBBEAN@H-NET.MSU.EDU]On Behalf Of Audra Diptee
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:39 PM
To: H-CARIBBEAN@H-NET.MSU.EDU
Subject: CFP: Mango Season - Call for manuscripts

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005
From: Gerise Herndon <cgh@NebrWesleyan.edu>

As guest editors for a special Francophone issue of the journal Mango
Season, we invite submissions of fiction by women from the French and
Creole speaking Caribbean previously unpublished in English.  We also
invite critical essays on current trends in Caribbean women's writing or
writers such as Capicia, Dracius, Lacrosil, Manicom or Pineau.   Mango
Season, which presents and debates Caribbean women's writing, is  edited
by Joan Anim-Addo and Alba Ambert, with an editorial committee which
includes writers Valerie Bloom, Velma Pollard, Jacob Ross and Olive
Senior. Mango Season is published 3 times annually.

All critical essays are to be in English. Please submit a 200-word proposal
along with a brief (100-150 word) biographical statement by August 1,
2005. You will be informed on the status of your proposal August 20 and
expected to submit the first draft of 5,000 to 6,000 words by September
16. After evaluation and editing, the final copy must be submitted by
October 20.

Deadline for proposals and fiction: August 1, 2005

Please send e-mail attachment or hard copy to:

Gerise Herndon
Associate Professor of English
Director, Womens Studies Program
Nebraska Wesleyan University