25507: Du Tuyau; ( Reply ) Re: 25489: Rigdon: (analysis) The Sit... (fwd)

From: viandemoulue@aol.com

Dear Mister Rigdon,

Thank you for your wonderful report and positiveness about Haiti. Now I happy
that everybody is safe and the news will not be kidnapped no more by the
kidnappers in Haiti. But I have a little true story to tell for you too, when
I was a child.

When I was a small child, I dream I become one day a scientific Haitian with
first diploma as engineer, first, and later more diploma scientific. I thought
one day, I go to NASA, work for NASA, and traveling to the moon. But my father
was smart; so smart he looked at me, laughed to my face, and said in my face:
ti bway/little boy, you just have a big mouth; look for profession in pale
anpil ak ekri anpil (speak and writing a lot) because you have no shape head
for scientific scientist; let alone NASA scientist. Since then, he call me
with my mommy, "moun fou".

Well, dad was right. I was wrong. In Haiti they say, old people's mouth no
smell good but their word smell very good. Sometimes, what one see is not what
all people see. That why is why in Haiti we have lougawou, even though nobody
can ever tell me what a lougawou look like or tell me/you that, even two
people have seen the lougawou together at the same time. The lougawou
phenomenon is the most individual experience in Haiti's mythologycal
scientifism.

Likewise Mister Rigdon, when I read reports all day every day, I read Haiti is
tèt anba (head upside-down). Fortunately, you have some wonderfully different
news for us. I belief you probably are rightly telling the truth, and wanted
to thank you. Maybe when I read the news, or talk to people in Carrefour, or
Delmas in Pótoprens, they were just singing beautiful French song like
me, "Rêverie"/Dreaming. Your wonderful and hopeful account remind me of a
speaking from a smart person one day who speaks filozofi (philosoph) to me in
beautiful abstract English:

The perception of the reality is the real reality of the man or woman living
that reality. The truth is truthful only to its tangibility to the mind of the
person to who the truth is related to in the relationship of the facts. Facts
are approaches of the reality but are not everything. Example is, if you feel
like Haiti is the greatest and most advanced and peaceful country in the
world, then it is and must be and ought to be. In the meantime, 8 million
people may be poor and suffering and dying in harm's way ... But the reality
is not real because the reality is that I went in the war zone and came back
out unscathed. Therefore, in the philosophical thereforeness of the truth,
Haiti's truth is not the media truth or those living in Haiti's truth. Haiti's
true reality is what I say it is.

Du Tuyau thinkink tèt anba (head upside-down)