25523: McCalla: NCHR and Haiti: a bird's eye view (fwd)

From: Jocelyn McCalla <info@nchr.org>

Last March, I issued a statement on behalf of the National
Coalition for Haitian Rights (NCHR), distancing it from its
offspring NCHR-Haiti. At the time I explained that NCHR-Haiti
was not a field office of NCHR and had long been functioning
independently.

Since then, NCHR-Haiti has rechristened itself the Reseau
National de Defense des Droits Humains (RNDDH). This additional
step makes it further possible to distinguish the positions
expressed by NCHR from the stands taken by the RNDDH.

I welcome this development and look forward to a lively debate
on protecting and promoting human rights in Haiti, even as
overall political, social and economic conditions worsen.

Some of you have asked for further clarification on NCHR, its
mission and its objectives. NCHR has been active since 1982,
therefore it is no small task to boil its history down to a few
lines. Nonetheless we have attempted to do so.

Please copy and paste the following link in your browser
http://www.nchr.org/mnd/nchr-mission.htm . On this page we
provide answers to the following:
* What is NCHR's Mission?
* When was NCHR established?
* What have you achieved over the years in fulfillment of that
mission?
* What are NCHR's program objectives today?

Should you feel the need for more clarification, please feel
free to send us an email at info@nchr.org.

Please bear in mind that influencing US policy towards Haitian
refugees and immigrants, building social, economic and political
capacity among Haitians, and promoting meaningful human rights
policies and praxis is not easy. But it's eminently possible if
you step forward together with us, support our campaigns and we
keep marching in lockstep.

To invest in NCHR, please consider donating online now. For
instructions on how to do so, please visit
http://www.nchr.org/mnd/giving.htm .

Thank you in advance for your generosity,

Jocelyn McCalla
Executive Director

The movement for a non-violent, rights-respecting and prosperous
Haiti takes off with the inclusion of friends, relatives and
associates who, like you, care about the well-being of their
next door neighbor. Please click on the link below to tell them
about the National Coalition for Haitian Rights and urge them to
join the movement.

http://ga4.org/join-forward.html?domain=nchr&r=6dasIKn1Xmdg

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for
National Coalition for Haitian Rights at:

http://ga4.org/nchr/join.html?r=6dasIKn1XmdgE