25547: from LeGrace FW: Threat to National Archives / Menaces contre les Archives Nationales (fwd)

From: Legrace Benson <legrace@twcny.rr.com>

To: Corbett list from LeGrace Re Threat to National Archives.

I myself have sent a letter to the Haitian Embassy and will be in contact
with my senators and representatives and congressman.  Of course I am
immediately distressed at the lack of jobs, health services, food, water and
education.  On the other hand, trashing the National Archives strikes a blow
at the very identity of Haiti and Haitians. This is a cut at the bone and
marrow with long-term consequences affecting all the water, food, health,
jobs and education programs that rest on the continuation of a national
consciousness and a national pride. It's not just books and documents.

Shall pieces of the soul of Haiti go up in smoke?