25594: JRigdon: (ANNOUNCE) Creole Creative Writing Contest (fwd)

From: jrigdon@researchonline.net

I'm really excited about The Creole Creative Writing Contest. The Louverture
Project has joined in sponsoring the contest and is offering a $75.00 prize
for the best history-related submission.

From Stuart Maxwell, Managed Editor:

"I'd like to offer a prize of $75 for the best history-related submission to
the Creole Creative Writing Contest. In addition, I will post the author's
story both at our weblog and permanently at our wiki, and will sponsor an
English translation of the work as well, if one isn't already available."

The Louverture Project is an online history site, gathering, analyzing, and
promoting knowledge of the Haitian Revolution. The main part of the project is
a wiki, or collaborative website, wherein we have started to collect and
organize a range of information that we hope will help make Haiti's story
known to a wider audience. The Louverture Project email:
stuart@thelouvertureproject.org <mailto:stuart@thelouvertureproject.org> wiki:
www.thelouvertureproject.org/wiki/ <http://www.thelouvertureproject.org/wiki/>
blog: www.thelouvertureproject.org <http://www.thelouvertureproject.org>

Details of the Best of 2005 Creole Creative Writing Contest may be found on
our web site:

www.researchonline.net/haiti <http://www.researchonline.net/haiti>

John Rigdon