25644: (reply) Chamberlain: 25638: Ferdinand: (reply) Re: 25621: Simidor (reply) (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

Maybe if you hadn't been calling for Aristide's resignation since day one
things might have turned out differently.

This is precisely the argument that "Papa Doc" Duvalier used -- all those
attempted invasions he had to face:  "I just had to build up this ferocious
tyranny and kill tens of thousands just to survive and to serve the Haitian
people..."

Not of course that he spoke these words, any more than Aristide publicly
pronounced the words "Pè Lebrun."

And I'm not, either, comparing Papa Doc with Aristide's rule (absurd).
Just noting that opposition "obstruction" is always, everywhere, the
handiest excuse to cover up one's own incompetence, corruption, dishonesty,
whatever...

        Greg Chamberlain