25692: Nlbo: (Reply)Regarding Peterson's comments (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

I want to echo Peterson's words, "I know this sounds harsh, but as I read the
many
posts, I feel like we're fiddling while Rome burns."

I am tired of this unceasing discussion of a 200 year old mayhem also. I see
this situation as hopeless. My position now is to raise another generation so
200 years, even 50 years from now we won't be talking about the same issues.
My sense of thing is this present generation who was born, raised and educated
in the diaspora has a different mindset. Let's  those of us who really want to
see a changed Haiti bring to the diasporic community the new generation who
is between  20 and 35 years old, some close to 40 years old who are distant
from the Haitian communities. They will mentor to the six, seven year olds, and
the adolescents. If new learning and new mindset develop, we will have new
behaviors.

I migrated in the diaspora in my teenage years. As someone who never left the
Haitian
community of Boston, I can attest to many attitudes and mindsets among the
Boston community "leaders" that are similar to the Haitian " leaders" of Haiti.
A new school of thought can start in the States and when there is security in
Haiti, we as concerned adults can travel with those young Haitians, bring
them to do training and mentoring in Haiti during the summers, or even their
spring breaks. As part of  internship during their college formation, they can go
to Haiti also.

I am willing to dialogue with anyone who wants to invest financially and
emotionally in that idea by starting a pilot "intergenerational" program in the
Boston area.

Okay,
Nekita