25710: Pierre (reply) Re: 25703: Joseph: (reply) (Mis)use of Haitian Creole terms (fwd)

From: Hyppolite Pierre <hpierre@irsp.org>

Al'rite, Figaro. I'll try to be more careful. Maybe I should have used the other favorite reply for "Sak pase". Let's say, N'ap gade (we're watching); or N'ap kembe (we're holding firm). They too mean different things at different times. Either way, we could translate things different ways but I think you're probably right in this case. I guess I can't tell a good joke. I should have asked Du Tuyau for help first. Best to you, Figaro,
Hyppolite