25740: Klosa: Raoul Peck(Sometime in April-Director/Producer) (fwd)

From: KLOSA@aol.com
Subject: Raoul Peck(Sometime in April-Director/Producer)
Text delivered on July 14 2005 to AlterPresse by haitian filmmaker,  and
former Minister of Culture of the Republic of Haiti, Raoul  Peck

FOR  JACQUES

We have just learned the death of our friend, poet, and companion  of
struggle, journalist and Haitian citizen savagely assassinated by  the
mercenaries of former president Aristide.

Aïbobo Jacques!
Your  death will not remain unpunished.

Today we say a sound no to the  assassins.
We say no to the rapists
We say no to those murderers disguised  in the robe of Lavalas priest,
formers lavalas deputies, in Lavalas senators,  in former Lavalas ministers.

We say no to these assassins disguised as a  Florida lawyer, as American
congressmen, as American lobbyists.

We say  No to all those who have murdered you Jacques Roche.

The Haitian people  need to know that these people are cowards
The Haitian people need to know  who they really are.

We sent Aristide away; justice will hunt down all  those who are still doing
his dirty deeds here at home.
Justice will hunt  down all the accomplices making believe they are pro
democracy while they  continue to make money from drug trafficking,
kidnapping and dirty  business.

Justice will pursue the assassins strangling the poor in the  slums of
Belair, Cité soleil and Village Dieu.

They want us to believe  that they are fighters
It's a lie !
They are just plain  killers.

They want us to believe that they are political  activists
It's a lie.
They are terrorists.

They want us to believe  that they are bold
It's a lie
They are just cowards.

Cowards  because they are attacking women, children, school teachers,
Because they are  killing journalists, doctors and defenseless people.

You can tell the guy  who is giving you daily orders
From where he is in South Africa, we will hunt  him down too.
The files on him and his accomplices are piling up.

You  are chanting that you want him back?
We do too.

Because we will bring  him to justice.

The former priest always wanted us to believe that he was  defending the
poor.
Now we know he was defending his own  pockets.

The former priest always had a mouthfull of beautiful  words;
About the poor, about dignity, about progress.

The only poor  people he knew was his family
Today they are all very rich.

The only  dignity he was interested in
Were his own personal bourgeois  ambitions

The only progress he knew
Was the progression of his  wealth

Today we say enough
Today we say thieves, murderers and  terrorists will no longer get away
Justice will prevail.

Jacques  Roche
We will not forget you
We will not forget all those victims of the  Lavalas regime.

Raoul Peck
Port-au-Prince  14/07/05