25845: Corbett: (announce and ask) Letter to President Nissage-Saget in 1870 and other gifts.... (fwd)

From Bob Corbett

Folks, today was Christmas in July at my home. A list member decided to donate a bunch of old documents to my library and they arrived today. There is some marvelous material here, most of it from the 1790s and early couple of years of the 1800s. I haven't even read it all yet.

However, the one item which is in French is later, a letter to the
president, presumably Nissage-Saget since it is a letter from 1870.
I have posted it on the Nissage-Saget page, address below.

If anyone could give me an English translation of this letter I would love to post it with the photo of the letter. See:

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/leaders/saget.htm

Now, time to open a nice bottle of wine and sit on this unusually cool day in St. Louis and see what some of these other treasure are!!!!

Bob Corbett