26041: Re: Pichard (reply to 26024): SFclinics: (ask) Can anyone translate this ? (fwd)

From: mercedes pichard <mercedespichard@earthlink.net>

My Haitian friend translated this proverb first in French, "Avec de la patience, on peut tout faire". [With patience we can do anything/everything.]

In Creole it does indeed say that 'With patience we can see the intestines of the ant'. Lovely visual!

My Haitian friend proceeded to pretend for me -- with a drawing that he made on paper to illustrate this proverb -- to dissect the tiny ant's body that he had drawn, to find the ant's "tummy" [vant / trip] with his careful "patience" and even to see what's "inside" the ant's interior. He said that this proverb gives us a lesson in using one's patience to achieve something or to find out something.

Regards to the list members,

Mercedes

mercedespichard@earthlink.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Corbett" <corbetre@webster.edu>