26091: Dailey: (reply) re: Rossier #26068 (fwd)

From: Peter Dailey <phdailey@msn.com>

Mr. Rossier,

I would be glad to oblige. If you are curious about Haiti's political culture and dynamic a good starting point would be Michel-Rolph Trouillot's Haiti, State against Nation: The Origins and Legacy of Duvalierism and Robert Fatton's Haiti's Predatory Republic: The Unending Transition to Democracy. For Aristide's background as a seminarian and the influence on him of Liberation Theology consult any of his autobiographical writings. That Aristide's presidency was corrupt and authoritarian is not an accusation but a simple fact. If you have not managed to recognize this for yourself then I have no wish to disabuse you.