26152: Jhudicourtb: opinions on candidates? (fwd)

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

I went to Haiti for a couple of weeks this summer and what I heard as opinion
on presidential candidates is this:   we had a doctor who turned bad, we had
a priest who turn bad, they both claim to be "malere parey nou" (poor person
like us).   We don't want a "malere" this time.   We want someone who knows
money and who knows how things work.   We need jobs!
These comments were not meant to refer to any candidate in particular
although the 2 business people Simeus and Baker would most likely respond to
such
qualifications. Whether or not they are legal candidates would obviously be up
the electoral council.
Anyone else heard about requirements for presidents from people in Haiti?