26178: Corbett: Review: Arna Bontemps and Langston Hughes: Popo and Fifina (

From Bob Corbett

Book reviews are typically of new and up coming books. Mine frequently aren't. Recently a list member as me to find her a copy of the 1932 children's novel by Bontemps and Hughes, POPO AND FIFINA. I then realized I didn't even have a copy of the actual 1932 edition, but had a more
recent re-print, and I'd never read it.

I did find a few copies of the reprint, and paid a small forture for a first edition I found for my own library. And, most importantly, I finally read this marvelous little children's novel.

Please see the review at the url below.  Bontemps and Hughes' 1932
achievemnt is quite extraordinary.

Bob Corbett

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/personal/reading/hughes-popo.html