26174: Raber: (reply)Re: 26168: Simidor (FYI): Alert on Leonel Fernandez visit in NYC (fwd)

raber88@zoominternet.net

Daniel simidor writes:

" Haitians in the Dominican Republic are
treated like chattel slaves from one generation to the
next, exploited without mercy when their services are
needed, and hunted down and deported without a shred
of rights when their work is done."

This sounds just like what is done to generation after generation of Haitian restavek children right on Haitian land. Haitians need to stand up against all form of slavery but, first and foremost, against abuses committed by Haitians against other Haitians, especially the children. Laws are on the books but not enforced. Once we have cleaned up our own house, our voice will be heard by the international community when the abuse is being done by Dominicans, Bahamians etc...