26245: Allouard (news) Venice Prize for best young actor to Haitian actor Menothy Cesar (fwd)

From: Philippe Allouard <allouard@libertysurf.fr>

The Venice Festival's Marcello Mastroianni Prize for best young actor went Saturday to Haitian actor Menothy Cesar, who plays opposite Charlote Rampling as a young gigolo in Laurent Cantet's "Vers le Sud" (Heading South). His prize was received by one of the film's producers, Simon Arnal, who explained: "It's very difficult for Haitians to travel from their country to ours. But I know he's very honoured to receive the prize."

The movie is inspired from Dany Laferiere's book "La chair du maitre".

French Director Laurent Cantet told: "I met Menothy in Port-au-Prince streets. He had never thought about being an actor. [...] I have been immediately impressed by the smooth facility he demonstrated and especially by his sense of rhythm and of silence; this demonstrated an interiority that never proved false".

(from different online sources)

___________________________________________________________________________ Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com