26265: Simidor re: 26256: second reply to Jean-Pierre (fwd)

From: daniel simidor <danielsimidor@yahoo.com>

I stand corrected in terms of your Village Voice
article.  But for you to somehow equate my
hypothetical case of Homeland Security repression of a
Pina-esque journalism stunt with an endorsement of the
Patriot Act is to go back to what I was criticizing in
the first place: a lack of proportion in the stories
we tell.  A number of Lavalas websites, in a perfect
illustration of internet populism, tried to hype
Pina?s arrest as the ?abduction? of a martyr by the
?fascist? interim government.  My point was that Pina
was quite safe and that his arrest was a non-event.
As it turned out, he was released safe and sound the
next day.  But that hasn?t stopped our brave internet
warriors from claiming full credit for his release.
Onward, ye pyrrhic revolutionaries and heroes!