26818: Komito Chalo: (announce) NYC Radio Program on Haiti, Sat., Dec. 10, 3-4 pm (fwd)

From: Komite Chalo <cjaklen@yahoo.com>

The Haitian Collective at WBAI invites you to listen
?Haiti: The Struggle Continues? its weekly program on
WBAI, 99.5 fm in New York City
and streaming live at www.wbai.org
Saturdays, 3:00-4:00 pm ET

What is Lavalas and why it remains the choice of the
Haitian people?

On December 16, 1990, Lavalas, or torrential rain,
swept the elections in Haiti. As we approach the
anniversary of the historic victory of Jean Bertrand
Aristide, we present part 1 of a series on the Lavalas
popular movement and its leadership. Where does
Lavalas come from? Why do the masses continue to
embrace it today despite its weak, populist
leadership? Why a splintered Lavalas cannot repeat the
feat of 1990 in the current farce being organized by
the occupiers in the land of Dessalines?

Also the latest news on Haiti and community
announcements.

Please tune in, and tell your friends to tune in to:
Haiti: The Struggle Continues
Saturdays, 3:00-4:00 pm
over WBAI, 99.5 fm in New York City
and streaming live at www.wbai.org

If you miss the live broadcast, you can listen to or
download our archived shows at
http://archive.wbai.org/