26891: Re: 26848: Bell replies (fwd)

From: madison bell <mbell@goucher.edu>

When I last checked (some years ago) a foreigner blan can own one piece of
real estate in Haiti.  If you want more than one you have to buy in
partnership with a Haitian citizen.  Even if you buy on your own you have
to get a Haitian ID card, which is essentially a tax ID number.

Arts and crafts from Haiti are duty free and you don't have to declare
them.  So I've been told by many people who import from Haiti to the states.

bon kouraj pou pwoje sa a!

msb