26929: Bick: (ask) Reading list info please. (fwd)

From: Paul BICK <paulbick@msn.com>

Hello all-

I'm assembling materials for phd work in Haiti.  I'm interested in
intercultural environmental/ conservation efforts, but also more global
questions of language and power, corproate discourse in the developing
world, the evolving socio-historical Haiti, US/Haiti and
Franco/Haitian relations and Haiti in the context of global capitalsim
(including questions of resistence).  I know this covers a lot of broad
territory but that's the phase I'm in - the seemingly endless consumption
and digestion of information.

I'm particularly interested in constructing an overall picture of
scholarly work currently being done on/in Haiti within these fields of
inquiry.

I'm grateful in advance for any contact, essential reading list, other
bibliographical information any of you good people may be willing to
share.

Paul