26968: Fwd: Morse (comments) Jepiem" (comments) Jobs in Haiti (fwd)

Normally, one wants a secure environment for job creation. What I'm
wondering is whether the security situation in Haiti is caused by lack of
jobs.
What
are the alternatives? If people aren't going to come and invest to create
jobs something else will have to be done. Will building an army be the only
way

to get immediate job creation program if the international community continues
 to stall on real investment? One more thing, and I've brought this up
before, if  those who practiced corruption in this transitional government
aren't
confronted or arrested before the transfer of power, it will be  taken as a
sign that the corruption may and  should continue.