27035: Morse (reply)Durban: Cost of a New Haitian Army (fwd)

Dear Lance,

Though I agree with you, here's something to consider. Some times military
funds are available when other funds aren't and considering Haiti's security
reputation attracting investment will be difficult at a time when jobs are so
essential. What if instead of sitting around in barracks, the army was trained
 to build a modern brick school in 30 cities? What if the army built 2
electric  power plants serving cities of 60,000? What if the army built 50
miles
of
concrete highway? What if the army planted trees and protected National
parks?  What if the army built irrigation systems where water is lacking?

I'm just thinking plan B incase Walmart/Levi/Disney go to China or India
instead of Haiti.

Richard Morse