27065: Wharram (news) American filmmaker back home after kidnapping in Haiti (fwd)

KRON4.com
January 3, 2006

American filmmaker back home after kidnapping in Haiti

GREENSBORO, North Carolina A freelance filmmaker kidnapped in Haiti last
week says he hopes to return to the country. But his mother has other ideas.
Frank Eaton returned home to North Carolina last night after being held for
several days in a slum in Port-au-Prince. He says Americans are targets of
opportunity in Haiti and describes what happened as a business transaction.

Eaton was in Haiti to get footage for a documentary about the country,
including a segment on a wave of kidnappings. More than 25 Americans have
been kidnapped for ransom in Haiti in the past year.

Eaton's mother says "I hope he's got what he needs to finish the film."

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not
be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

All content © Copyright 2001 - 2006 WorldNow and KRON. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms
of Service.